Thursday, September 24, 2009

Spinning Heart

When I first saw this little Spinning Heart I was so tickled by it. I had been walking and I thought, "I need to look up." I had been looking down for over a mile looking at the sidewalk and the ground. I think I must be afraid of falling or something because I find myself looking at the ground a lot. Anyway I looked up and I saw this 1 inch crystal heart hanging from the coner of a house. It is so tiny barely even noticable. As you will see in the video, it was kind of hard for me to even get a good shot of it. I try to take my camera when I walk and the first time I took pictures of this heart, it kept spinning and I just couldn't focus to get a good picture. Today I decided to take a video. This little heart hangs at the back of a house that is behind a fence that is a good 6 feet tall. I had to hold my camera at an angle that I couldn't even see the screen but I think it turned out ok anyway. My first thought when I saw it was, why would someone hang that tiny little heart from their roof. It is in such an out of the way place that you can hardley notice it. It is a beautiful heart anyway catching and reflecting light as it turns. It's small but it casts beams of light all around where it hangs. As I contemplated this little spinning heart I thougth, I want to be like that. Quietly going about my business, Not getting in anyones way, just being right where I need to be, reflecting the light of Christ that is in me and spreading that joy everywhere I can reach. Little Spinning Hearts can spread sunshine all along their way. They can "cheer and bless and brighten every pasing day."1

1 Quote from LDS hymn; Scatter the Sunshine