Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Born under the symbol of Love



This is a birth mark on a young woman that I met today. I was in an anatomy lab observing. All the students were gloved so they could cleanly dissect a poor unfortunate animal. As usually happens each student found the grosser the hands the more the face itches. One particular young woman would raise her arm to rub her face with the back of her wrist and as she did this I noticed that she had a heart shaped spot on her arm. Others at the table asked her what had happened and she informed us that it was a birth mark. I said, "you were born under the symbol of love." "Children are an heritage of the Lord"* and have the right to be loved. This young woman is so lucky to carry this reminder with her throughout her life. I hope that she knows that she is love.


*Psalms 127:3