Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Well I had a wonderful surprise starting on Tuesday. As I was driving to the Temple I was thinking about my kids and how blessed I am to have them. I was thinking of how good they are and kind, hard working, supportive, great mothers, wonderful sons. I was especially thinking about how good they are to me. The girls have always shown great respect and friendship to me. That is not to say Samuel Jr. hasn't because he has -- it is just different with the girls. So anyway as I was driving along I was thinking that I really needed to let them know this Mother's day that as their mother I am so happy with them and the people that they have turned out to be. Well Clarissa beat me to the punch. I have found this situation to be true so often. Whenever I have been thinking a nice thought about someone it seems they too are thinking about me. Good karma I guess.
So anyway Clarissa gave me a 3 mile long heart attack, and this is how it went... Wednesday morning,Cindy Lines, my walking buddy called to get me going on the day's walk. As I was leaving the house Samuel told me to take my camera and take pictures of nice things for him. I said no I don't want to take my camera which I really didn't want to do and so I didn't. Anyway as Cindy and I started walking we got to the green belt just south of my house and there in the grass was a set of hearts that said, "I hope you enjoy your walk today." I thought that was very sweet and that someone had done something nice for someone, not even thinking it could be for me. Then a few steps later there was another set of hearts. These were just pretty plain ones in pastel colors and then it struck me that Samuel had been trying to get me to take my camera and that this may have been done by him but he couldn't have because he had just had surgery on Monday and he wouldn't have been up to getting out and doing all this. I just thought that someone else had a sweet child that was giving them a great day. I bemoaned my not bringing my camera to Cindy and before I even knew it she whipped out her camera saying that she grabbed her fanny pack this morning and that her camera just happened to be in it. She played the part so well, I totally believed her so I took her camera and went back to take pictures. Little did I know that I would be taking pictures for the full 3 mile walk that we take each day. About half way through Cindy said well I guess it is about time to give you this to which she handed me a card that Clarissa had taken to her to give to me. It was a very sweet card with an even sweeter sentiment written by her to me. Then I knew the hearts were from Clarissa and her family.
Some of the sayings that she wrote along the way are, "Motherhood is closer to divinity." "Mother Dear I love you so, your happy smiling face." "Roses are red, violets are blue, you are my mother and I love you." "A mother is a mother still the holiest thing alive." "A mother is the truest friend we have." "Of all the rights of women the greatest is to be a mother." "If at first I don't succeed, I do what my mother told me to do." "Mother's are real super heroes dressed as women." "You are beautiful." "You are talented." "Have a wonderful day." "Happy Mother's Day." "I love you." and my favorite, "When I grow up I want to be just like you!"
Those of you who follow my blog know that I find hearts everywhere I go but these hearts are among the sweetest because they were placed there on purpose. We may find love along our way and that is great, a good outlook at life but when someone goes out of there way to make sure you know you are loved that is when love really pays off. I love my children, all of them, boys too, but to my girls I want them to know I that I want to be just like them and that I think they are the greatest women and mothers that I know. I thank my Heavenly Father for them each and every day and pray for their happiness and success. I love them more than I can adequately express. And ofcourse to Clarissa, Thank you for the sweet expression of love from you and your sweet husband and Bou. I love you. Happy Mother's Day to all of the woderful women in my life.